Fire Prevention in the Kitchen
This Orange County property was damaged by a fire caused in the kitchen.
Protect your Orange County property by finding out ways on how to prevent kitchen fires.
4 Tips on How to Prevent Kitchen Fires:
- Have a clean kitchen. Remove any clutter around the stove. Anything close to a stove burner can catch on fire. Also, make sure to wipe down the stove after each use, grease buildup is flammable.
- Unplug kitchen appliances that are not being used. We want to avoid electrical fires. Ensure you unplug appliances after each use. Also, inspect your outdated appliances for damaged electrical cords, and avoid using damaged ones at all costs.
- Always stay in the kitchen when cooking. Distractions are everywhere, however never leave open flame cooking unattended, the same applies to leaving the oven on without supervision.
- What you wear in the kitchen matters. Roll up any dangling sleeves that may accidently catch on fire. Also tie up any long hair, this simple act may potentially avoid your hair from catching on fire.
We are fire damage specialists, here at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk. As soon as you make the call, we will send an expert to inspect your property and make a Fire Damage Assessment.
For immediate assistance, please call as at 714-701-0207
4 Unique Places to Visit in Orange County
Just another sunny day in Orange County, CA.
Orange County is known for its diversity, hence the reason behind why there are so many unique places to visit. Please continue reading to find out more information.
1. The Lab in Costa Mesa: If you are looking for a “hip” place to chill, shop and dine, look no further. The Lab is filled with amazing fun shops, cafes, and a variety of restaurants.
2. 4th Street Market in Downtown Santa Ana: This culinary hub is filled with art and dining options. It is a great place to relax and grub with loved ones.
3. Anaheim Packing District: Known as a, “Foodie Paradise,” this place is bursting with a variety of food options, live entertainment, artisans, breweries, and special events. The list is endless, it is sure to have something for everyone, and it is a great place to visit with family and friends.
4. Segerstrom Center for the Arts: Is a dedicated arts site that hosts world-class performances. If you are looking for something to do that is out of the ordinary, this place is sure satisfy that craving.
Benefits of Installing an Automatic Sprinkler System in Your Orange County Property
An Orange County resident installed an Automatic Sprinkler System throughout his property for safety.
Having or investing in an automatic sprinkler system will greatly aid in fighting potential fires in your residence. Accidents can take place at any time and are inevitable, if a fire were to break inside your property, it could possibly destroy the whole building, leaving nothing behind. Continue reading to find out, why having such a system in place is beneficial to you and your property.
- It can save your life and property: Automatic sprinkler systems were specifically designed to control fires and for life safety. In addition, by controlling the fire, this system, can greatly reduce property damage.
- It is low maintenance: Having this type of system in place is easy to maintain, as long as annual checkups are made. Other than that, they can last up to 20 years before needing a major repair or replacement.
- They are individually activated: If you have been having doubts about investing in such a preventative measure, because you believe it will cause more damage than good, then doubt no more. The sprinklers are actually individually activated, meaning, all other rooms won’t be affected, only the room where the fire is taking place.
We are known for being a trusted leader in the Water Restoration Industry, here at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk. We understand the urgency that you are experiencing, therefore from the moment you call us, we are ready to assist you every step of the way. All of our technicians are certified and knowledgeable and specialize in water damage restoration. We use advance drying equipment and techniques, and are sure to make you feel "Like it never happened."
Have Water or Fire Damage? Don’t wait, call us today at 714-701-0207.
Winds in Orange County: Winter 2020
A fully equipped SERVPRO truck arrived in an Orange County home to provide restoration services.
Gusty Santa Ana winds have hit Orange County by surprise. Winds are reaching up 65 mph, according to several weather forecast sources. Such high winds, are hazardous and may cause damage to your property.
Winds may seem harmless but they are not. They can potentially blow down nearby trees that can fall onto your property and create major damage. Also, they can carry large and heavy objects that can destroy your home.
Besides property damage, it may cause perilous driving conditions. Semi- trucks could potentially fall over and flying debris may obstruct your view or land on the road, wreaking havoc.
It is advised that when heavy winds are blowing your way to take shelter in the lower levels of your property and stay as far away possible from fragile windows. Also, try to remain indoors as much as possible to avoid large flying objects such as branches from injuring your body.
We are faster to any size disaster, here at, SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk.
If you are experiencing storm damage, please feel free to call us for immediate assistance at 714-701-0207.
3 Ways to Prevent Mold Growth in Your Orange County Property
Visible mold is found in a damp area inside a home in Orange County.
Mold thrives in damp and humid environments. Mold is categorized as a fungus, and therefore it eats the material it’s growing on, hence causing physical damage to your property. Besides causing physical damage, mold produces spores that travel in the air, which can cause health effects in the human body.
3 Easy Ways to Prevent Mold:
- Allow fresh air to circulate throughout your property on a regular basis.
- Check your HVAC system’s ductwork, coils, and drip pans for mold growth and any visible moisture present.
- Clear debris from downspouts/rain gutter regularly, especially if rain is predicted in your area.
We here at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk are experts in mold remediation and water damage restoration services.
If you see visible signs of mold or you smell mildew throughout your property, please feel free to call us at 714-701-0207.
Prepare for Disasters: Winter 2020
Special equipment being used as part of the restoration process at a property in Orange County.
The winter season is in full swing, the days are getting colder and rainfall is expected. Winter is a great time to bundle up and stay warm in the comfort of your home, however are you prepared for when disaster strikes?
A Few Ways to Prepare for Disasters
- Build a grab and go supply kit with enough items to cover each person/pet living under the same roof for 3 days.
Include the following:
- Clean water
- Non-perishable food/utensils to eat with (Ex. Canned foods, long shelf life products, and dehydrated foods)
- First-Aid supplies
- Prescribed medications
- Diapers/formula for young children
- Copies of important/legal documents
- Misc. Items: Toiletries, blankets/clothes, batteries, flash lights, emergency contacts information, etc.
- Have an evacuation plan
- Practice evacuation in your own home and have a plan B
- Learn evacuation routes for your location
We can’t avoid disasters from taking place, and while being prepared is extremely important it can only help so much. We here at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk, are experts in restoration services. We are fully equipped for when disaster strikes. We use special equipment and tools to inspect and restore property damages.
If you are experiencing storm, water, or fire damage at your property, SERVPRO is only one call away.
For immediate assistance please call us at 714-701-0207
Fire Prevention: Winter 2019
Orange County property owner installed a smoke alarm in the hallway for safety.
Being proactive is always better than being reactive when it comes to safeguarding your property. Please continue reading to learn more on ways to protect your property from fire or smoke damages.
Smoke alarms can save your life and property. It is recommended that smoke alarms are installed properly in every bedroom and every level within your home. For commercial buildings, you should check your state requirements and make sure codes are being met.
Smoke alarms should be tested on a monthly basis by using the test button. There are different types of alarms. Below we will be discussing on how to maintain battery powered, non-replaceable battery powered, and hard wired/wireless smoke alarms:
- Replace batteries every year
- Unit needs to be replaced every 10 years
- Have back up batteries in the case the unit starts chirping, which signifies low battery and replace them immediately
- NEVER disable or remove batteries from the unit
- The entire unit needs to be replaced every 10 years
Hard Wired or Wireless:
- Found in commercial environments- they offer benefits of not needing to be tested frequently (please refer to manual)
For further assistance regarding installing or testing smoke alarms please contact your local fire department.
Local Fire Departments:
Accidents are always inevitable; in those cases we are here to help you. SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk specializes in restoration services. We use advanced equipment in the restoration process. Our technicians are highly trained and certified to ensure quality work. Don’t take our word for it, you can learn more by reading about our customer testimonials (click here).
If you need further assistance, please call: 714-701-0207
Another Reason to Choose SERVPRO: Breaking Language Barriers
Our friendly and Bilingual office staff are assisting clients in Orange County.
Property damage causes stress, and we don’t want you to hold back from contacting us, if language is a barrier. Our staff here, at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk are Bilingual. We speak English and Spanish.
What Does this Mean?
In order to best serve our customers and build relationships it is important to be able to communicate any issues effectively and with ease. Our customers are our priority, and we take pride in knowing that we can assist individuals without language being a barrier. There has been numerous times that our customers are relieved when they find out that our customer service representatives and technicians speak Spanish. We are glad to be part of that relieve and so much more.
Please see informational video (click here to watch), of how one of experts, Project Manager, Cesar Arcila was able to assist a Spanish speaking customer.
Se habla Español, por favor haga clic en el siguiente enlace para más información;
(Haga Clic Aquí)
We’ll make you feel “Like it never even happened.”
¡Te haremos sentir "Como si nunca hubiera pasado."
For immediate assistance please call 714-701-0207
24/7 Emergency Service
SERVPRO Yorba Linda/Brea: ¡Hablamos Español!
SERVPRO de Yorba Linda/Brea usa equipos y técnicas avanzadas para secar daños causados por la agua
Si necesita servicios de restauración, estamos aquí para ayudarle.
SERVPRO de Yorba Linda/Brea/Anaheim Hills y Norwalk cuenta con técnicos y personal altamente capacitados y Bilingües. Nos especializamos en los siguientes servicios;
- Daños causados por la Agua
- Daños causados por la Tormentas
¿Por qué SERVPRO?
Respondemos a La Urgencia
"Urgencia" es uno de los seis valores muy importantes para nuestra empresa. El tiempo es esencial cuando se trata de daños a la propiedad y llegamos en el lugar dentro de los 60 minutos del primer contacto, garantizado.
Expertos en Restauración Altamente Entrenados
Nuestro personal está altamente capacitado y certificado. Nunca dejamos de aprender, tenemos entrenamiento continuó como en el la empresa de SERVPRO y aseguramos las certificaciones de El Instituto de Inspección de Limpieza y Restauración (IICRC).
Tecnología y Técnicas Avanzadas
La tecnología y las técnicas siempre están cambiando y avanzando. SERVPRO se asegura de mantenerse al día con equipos y técnicas nuevas y avanzadas. Estos son algunos de los equipos especializados que utilizamos;
- Equipos de Detección y Medición de Humedad
- Equipos de Extracción de Agua
- Eliminación y Desodorización de Olores
- Agentes Desinfectantes, Germicidas y Tratamientos Antimicrobial
Si estás buscando ayuda ahora, ¡no busques más! Llame a SERVPRO de Yorba Linda/ Brea al 714-701-0207.
Fire Prevention: Winter 2019
The aftermath of a fire accident causing major damage to a property in Orange County
Oh, the holidays, it’s the best time of the year! Don’t let holiday cheer and last minute shopping trips cause you to overlook potential fire hazards. Please continue reading for more information on how to prevent fires during the holidays.
The following are potential fire hazards to look out for:
- Real Christmas trees near electrical outlets or that have not been watered
- Lit candles near furniture or left unattended (always keep away from children)
- Leaving the oven/stove/kitchen appliances on, unattended
- Water real Christmas trees properly and according to instruction
- Keep decorations at a distance from electrical outlets or fireplace
- Never leave candles or decorative lights unattended (sleeping with your lit candles, and or Christmas lights on count as unattended)
- Testing and maintaining your smoke alarms regularly (For more information regarding smoke alarms contact your local fire department)
Note- Always stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times, and never overlook potential fire hazards. Sometimes, accidents may happen regardless, in those cases SERVPRO is here to help.
SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk specializes in restoration services such as fire, water, and storm damage, in addition to mold remediation for residential and commercial properties.
Do you need immediate assistance? Don’t hesitate, call us today (714) 701-0207