Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Here at SERVPRO we want to ensure that we give you proper tips and steps to keep you and your family informed and safe. Water damage can be devastating to a home, but it can also get dangerous just as fast as the effect of the water damage. Your focus first should be the safety of your family, but then be on the lookout for hazards as you wait for your repairs or even leaving the house. These are just simple practical tips to help you shift your focus on main points that can prevent any other hazards taking place within your home.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (714) 701-0207
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.