A Burning Candle Starts a Fire in a Brea, CA Home
A Brea, CA homeowner had lit a candle one night and left the room for a moment to do something else. In the few minutes she was gone, the candle caught her curtains on fire. She did not realize she had set the candle so close to them, but it was clear she had when she smelled smoke and burning curtains from the other room. Thankfully, she smelled the smoke and quickly ran to get her fire extinguisher. She was able to put out the fire and keep it from spreading thanks to her quick action. But, the room was left with fire damage on the walls and on a small section of the floor. She called a friend to get a recommendation of who to call to restore the fire damage, and her friend immediately recommended SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea.
The customer then hung up with her friend and called us. We sent our Production Manager, Jonathan Arcila, to the home the same day to take a look at the fire damage. He determined that SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea would be able to fix the damage easily. To get started, he sent our Crew Chief, Jose Melgar, and his team of professionals to the home.
They set to work removing the fire damage and worked quickly and efficiently. In no time at all, the team had removed the damage from the walls and was working on the small portion of the floor. Then, a short time later, they had completed the project, and the homeowner couldn’t believe they worked that fast and still produced such professional and excellent work. She was thankful she did not have to live with the fire damage for long and was grateful to SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea for all of our hard work.