Prepare for Disasters: Winter 2020
The winter season is in full swing, the days are getting colder and rainfall is expected. Winter is a great time to bundle up and stay warm in the comfort of your home, however are you prepared for when disaster strikes?
A Few Ways to Prepare for Disasters
- Build a grab and go supply kit with enough items to cover each person/pet living under the same roof for 3 days.
Include the following:
- Clean water
- Non-perishable food/utensils to eat with (Ex. Canned foods, long shelf life products, and dehydrated foods)
- First-Aid supplies
- Prescribed medications
- Diapers/formula for young children
- Copies of important/legal documents
- Misc. Items: Toiletries, blankets/clothes, batteries, flash lights, emergency contacts information, etc.
- Have an evacuation plan
- Practice evacuation in your own home and have a plan B
- Learn evacuation routes for your location
We can’t avoid disasters from taking place, and while being prepared is extremely important it can only help so much. We here at SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk, are experts in restoration services. We are fully equipped for when disaster strikes. We use special equipment and tools to inspect and restore property damages.
If you are experiencing storm, water, or fire damage at your property, SERVPRO is only one call away.
For immediate assistance please call us at 714-701-0207