Fire Prevention: Winter 2019
Being proactive is always better than being reactive when it comes to safeguarding your property. Please continue reading to learn more on ways to protect your property from fire or smoke damages.
Smoke alarms can save your life and property. It is recommended that smoke alarms are installed properly in every bedroom and every level within your home. For commercial buildings, you should check your state requirements and make sure codes are being met.
Smoke alarms should be tested on a monthly basis by using the test button. There are different types of alarms. Below we will be discussing on how to maintain battery powered, non-replaceable battery powered, and hard wired/wireless smoke alarms:
- Replace batteries every year
- Unit needs to be replaced every 10 years
- Have back up batteries in the case the unit starts chirping, which signifies low battery and replace them immediately
- NEVER disable or remove batteries from the unit
- The entire unit needs to be replaced every 10 years
Hard Wired or Wireless:
- Found in commercial environments- they offer benefits of not needing to be tested frequently (please refer to manual)
For further assistance regarding installing or testing smoke alarms please contact your local fire department.
Local Fire Departments:
Accidents are always inevitable; in those cases we are here to help you. SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/ Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk specializes in restoration services. We use advanced equipment in the restoration process. Our technicians are highly trained and certified to ensure quality work. Don’t take our word for it, you can learn more by reading about our customer testimonials (click here).
If you need further assistance, please call: 714-701-0207