Fire Prevention: Winter 2019
Oh, the holidays, it’s the best time of the year! Don’t let holiday cheer and last minute shopping trips cause you to overlook potential fire hazards. Please continue reading for more information on how to prevent fires during the holidays.
The following are potential fire hazards to look out for:
- Real Christmas trees near electrical outlets or that have not been watered
- Lit candles near furniture or left unattended (always keep away from children)
- Leaving the oven/stove/kitchen appliances on, unattended
- Water real Christmas trees properly and according to instruction
- Keep decorations at a distance from electrical outlets or fireplace
- Never leave candles or decorative lights unattended (sleeping with your lit candles, and or Christmas lights on count as unattended)
- Testing and maintaining your smoke alarms regularly (For more information regarding smoke alarms contact your local fire department)
Note- Always stay vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times, and never overlook potential fire hazards. Sometimes, accidents may happen regardless, in those cases SERVPRO is here to help.
SERVPRO of Yorba Linda/Brea, Anaheim Hills, and Norwalk specializes in restoration services such as fire, water, and storm damage, in addition to mold remediation for residential and commercial properties.
Do you need immediate assistance? Don’t hesitate, call us today (714) 701-0207